Documentation pages for Arranger for Adobe Photoshop.
Download playground file here ->
- You can arrange layers and layer groups.
- Be careful, layer groups need to be activated by holding down Cmd/Ctrl. If you select while holding Shift all the sublayers will be selected, too.
- Set the maximum number of columns. Every other row will be shorter to achieve the honeycomb layout.
- Lowest number of columns is 2. Zero and negative numbers are not possible.
- Offset is the most important value to achieve honeycomb layouts.
- x: you usually want this to be half the width of an item.
- y: this works the same as „x“ but just for height.
BUT: most of the time y needs to be negative to move up between the objects of the row above.
- The first (default) option is symmetric layout. This is similiar to center a textfield. Rows are layout by their center.
- The second option is asymmetric layouts. That means the rows are aligned on the left side.
5. Alternate Rows
- By default each row starts with the long row. After that comes the short row and so on.
- Here you can change that order and start with the short row.
- In „Grid“ this is called gutters. This defines the distance between object on x and y axis.
- Important for hexagons: if you have hexagon objects you need to adjust spacing additionally to offset.
- Define the position at which the layout patterns should start.
8. Random Order
- With this option the order of objects will be randomized.
- If you uncheck it then it will reset to your default order defined by layers.
- Note: The new random order is just „virtual“. This real order in layers is not changed.