Documentation pages for Arranger for Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Indesign.
- You need to select at least two objects.
- The transformation point (pivot point) for each object is top left.
- Order of objects is defined by the Sublayers from top to down.
If you need to change the order please change the sublayers in the Sublayers menu directly.
- The units will be taken from your document. If your document has pixels as units than a gutter width of 10 applies 10 pixels width. If you have inches than gutter width of 10 is 10 inches….you get it.
- Take a look at the walkthrough video: https://youtu.be/ZqGMLnB1Ed8
- Sets the amount of columns. Number of rows will be calculated automatically.
- Lowest number is 1 which equals to 1 column layout. Zero and negative numbers are not allowed.
- If you want to achieve a single row set the columns to the count of objects (e.g. if you have 10 objects than a column count of 10 will result in a single row).
- Gutter defines the horizontal and vertical spaces between objects.
- W = horizontal space. H = vertical space.
- You can also use negative values to achieve overlapping objects.
- This is an optional value. By default the position will be taken from the first object (top left).
- If you activate Position the grid layout will start (top left) at exact this value.
5. Random Order
- This is an experimental feature. With this the order of objects will be randomized.
- If you uncheck it then it will reset to your default order defined by sublayers.
- Note: The random order is just internal. This value does not change the real order in sublayers.
- Open the layers panel in parallel to watch how this not affects the real order.
- If you want to change the order of objects manually please change the order of sublayers.